Basket Weave Cowl – Beginner Knitting in the Round
(2-hour class – once a week for 3 weeks)
- What you will learn:
- Long Tail Cast -on
- Knitting in the round – on one set of circular needles
- Fixing mistakes, knitting back AKA Tinking
- Understanding yarn
- Getting the right gauge easily!
- Reading your knitting
- Recording your swatches
- Tools you need and want!
- What you will make:
- Project: Swatch – in the round
- Project: Basket Weave Cowl
- What you will need to know to participate:
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- What you will need to bring:
- Nothing, a kit is included with the class: 1 x a choice of colors from The Croft Shetland Tweed, Knitter’s Pride Dreamz US Size 8 24” Circular needles, stitch markers and a yarn needle.
Please note: This class is for individuals or groups, ages 12 or older. Perfect for those new to knitting or needing a refresher.
Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to choose the color for your yarn and collect your kit. Coffee is provided for the class.