Fancy Fingerless Gloves – Knitting and increasing in the Round – magic loop technique
(2-hour class – once a week for 2 weeks)
- What you will learn:
- Long Tail Cast -on
- Knitting in the round – on one long set of circular needles
- Keeping track of your knitting in Rib
- Increasing for thumb gusset in the round – kfb.
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them
- Getting the right gauge
- Reading your knitting
- Recording your swatches
- What you will make:
- Project: Swatch – in the round
- Project: Fancy Fingerless Gloves
- What you will need to know to participate:
- Cast-on and Bind-off
- Knit and Purl Stitches
- What you will need to bring:
- You can either purchase the recommended kit online before the class or bring these (or equivalent) items with you to the class*: 1 x a choice of color from Malabrigo Rios, 1x Knitter’s Pride Dreamz US Size 6 40” Circular needles, safety pin stitch markers and a yarn needle.
Please note: This class is for individuals or groups, ages 12 or older. Perfect for those new to knitting or needing a refresher.
Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to collect your kit, if purchased. Coffee is provided for the class.
*We cannot guarantee that we will have all the items that you will need, on the day of the class, so please be prepared.
Please add the class and the kit separately to the shopping cart if you wish to purchase both.