Two-tone Beanie – Knitting and decreasing in the Round – on 2 sets of circular needles
(2-hour class – once a week for 2 weeks)
- What you will learn:
- Long Tail Cast -on
- Knitting in the round – on two sets of circular needles
- Keeping track of your knitting in Rib
- Changing colors
- Decreasing in the round – matching decreases – ssk and k2tog.
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them
- Getting the right gauge
- Reading your knitting
- Recording your swatches
- What you will make:
- Project: Swatch – in the round
- Project: Two-tone Beanie
- What you will need to know to participate:
- Cast-on and Bind-off
- Knit and Purl Stitches
- What you will need to bring:
- You can either purchase the recommended kit online before the class or bring these (or equivalent) items with you to the class*: a choice of 2 colors from Cascade 220 Superwash Merino, 2x Knitter’s Pride Dreamz US Size 7 24” Circular needles, safety pin stitch markers and a yarn needle. The colors of the yarn in the pattern is 30 Sugar Coral (CC) and 26 Silver Heather (MC).
- Your homework:
- There is no pre-class homework needed for the first week of this class.
Please note: This class is for individuals or groups, ages 12 or older. Perfect for those new to knitting or needing a refresher.
Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to choose the color for your yarn and collect your kit, if purchased. Coffee is provided for the class.
*We cannot guarantee that we will have all the items that you will need, on the day of the class, so please be prepared.
Please add the class and the kit separately to the shopping cart if you wish to purchase both.